Om Laila Studio is a boutique space in Toronto where we teach bellydance, Arabic music lessons and singing, self-accompaniment (dancing with finger cymbals and/or song) and wellbeing exercises. All of these activities have deep roots in Arabic arts and culture with an openness to the wisdom of other traditions.
The studio is used for both fun and artistic study and no experience is necessary to
- Enjoy a unique experience with fabulous people
- Learn the grounded and sensual art of bellydance; from Earthy folklore to divine diva.
- Music lessons specifically in percussion with Master Instructors.
- Meet a supportive group that encourages anyone that discovers Om Laila to find their potential.
- Sing. Classes are welcoming and freeing, healing and fun. Find out what it means to have an Arabic Face lift.
- Try finger cymbals as a bellydancer or as a percussionist. Enjoy the mind/body workout and improved musicality.
- Look and feel wonderful with a self-care routine to take care of your emotional and physical self including dance, sensuous stretching, joint and muscle-care exercises and playing with silk. Tone, strengthen and lengthen.
- Delight in the sounds of live drumming, singing, oud and qanun in many classes.
- Study any offered discipline privately with Roula as a hobbyist or professional.
Visit the store to sign up!
Many also begin their journey at Om Laila in a workshop
Or by visiting us at one of our events for a dance party and show
Perhaps you may want to see the classes we offer?!
Our studio can be your temple or your treehouse. Whether you are here for fun, healing, wellness or exercise you will find yourself at home. We have a few small points to mention as we welcome you:
- Please arrive a few minutes early and leave your shoes and coat downstairs in the front hall.
- The washroom is on the ground floor (just past the coat hooks) and the studio is upstairs.
- Do not lean on the big table in the studio. It is very old!
- Please feel free to ask us questions as they arise, to help us facilitate an enjoyable first experience for you at the studio.
Ahlan wa sahlan (be among family, be at ease)
Meeting Roula in her studio setting for the first time, the most poignant sensation I experienced was that she provides a dynamic, safe space where one instantly knows it is okay to be a “real person.” For me, this is a core factor when it comes to being able to tap fully into my creativity in an honest way. Roula is so authentic, natural, earthy, in-the-moment, sensitive, accepting, modestly confident of her own knowledge and talent – and observant without being judgmental – that I think it would be near-impossible for even the most timid and uncertain of people to feel uncomfortable for long.
Navigating this planet as woman in a world that often seems threatened by female empowerment is very difficult. Learning to embrace one’s own strengths and talents in an unapologetic way is even more challenging. But sometimes finding places (whether physical or otherwise) – especially in group settings – where just being one’s natural, sensual, creative, imperfect, laughing, crying, inspired, frustrated, embodied Female Self is the challenge of all challenges. Roula creates an atmosphere where it feels okay to be strong and weak at the same time but, almost more importantly, she magically does it in a way that generates supportive, loving and sisterly bonds amongst everyone in the room. Roula creates magic.
Cannot Display Feed
Pls check if the Facebook page exists or not.